Maths Trails News
This is the page for news about new trails, exisiting trails and stories of trail users. Please mail me (Chris Olley firstname.lastname@example.org) with news and strories of maths trails.
The Central London Maths Trail Renewed
ATM/MA London Branch at King's members launched the maths trails web site and renewed the central London maths trail today (21st jan 2012). Tourists will have been intrigued to see groups of maths teachers marching up Whitehall, taking careful notes of the dates on stautues, the shapes in building and the array of examples of Roman Numerals on the way. An extraordinary simulatnaeous view of St. Paul's cathedral and Nelson's column was a key highlight, as was the taking over of a local coffee shop for a discussion and review. There were lots of excellent ideas for modernising and updating the trail and a new version will be available soon.
Maths Trails Around London
Here is a Selection of Trails that Existed in and around London at the Time of Maths Year 2000. Please let me know if you find they still exisit or if you have news of them and their maps and paperwork.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral
- The Royal Festival Hall (individual copies from the hall’s information point, group bookings ring 020 7921 0846).
- The Hounslow Millennium Maths Trail (copies of the trail booklet from Hounslow libraries).
- Kingston-upon-Thames (copies of the trail booklet from Kingston Library).
- Kew Gardens (details from the Enquiry Unit on 020 8332 5622).
- Mile End Millennium Park Maths Year 2000 Maths Trail in Tower Hamlets (permanent signs guide you through this beautiful park). (It is mentioned here)
- Lewisham Town Centre Trail.
- Wisley Gardens Royal Horticultural Society, off the A3 near Guildford (contact 01483 224234).